craig2859
Black .... all the way !!
Rep
Drives: [Previous]2006 330d M-Sport

Garage List
Picked the car up earlier .......... My first words:

"Sh%t the bed"

As soon as I hit the open road after 5 mins of having it - I floored it in 3rd

I slowed down straight away ....... this car is different now !!!

Anyway I picked it up at around 1pm today, and as soon as I set of I felt it was different, it was actually a lot more "sensitive" on the throttle and felt more solid. It drives smoother, and is a true pleasure again.

Remap was done by these guys:
Viezu

The boss - Paul did it for me, and he spent some time with it to get it right.
While we where chatting outside he asked me if my remote could control the windows, ie up and down - I told him no, so he did it there and then in 2 mins for me whilst we drank coffee ... no charge, likewise with a "get you home" code .... which I think keeps the lights on for 15 secs while you get in the house ? Not sure as I have not heard of this before.

He also invited me to his place next month for a free Dyno, on his "Dyno Day".

Top Bloke.

Anyway, DPF Delete done, and no smoke to mention at all - that thing sure weighs a lot

It was choked with ash and soot on removal, and it was estimated to be at around 75% blocked.

They said at 82% Blocked it would go into limp mode, and 92% the car would not start.

At 75% blocked, like mine the warning light would be locked into the dashboard so clearing the ECU would not clear the warning light - so new software was required.

He even forced a regen somehow through the odometer reset / start button.

DPF Delete, was the best thing I have done with this car to date without a doubt, the remap compliments it very well, as he spent some time to get it right and there is no more smoke than before.

Anyway new map on, and I have to say WOW, the torque is immense, and quite hard to get used too, I think it will take some time to learn this car now, as it the traction control was flicking around a lot on the drive back in all low gears.

Managed around 120 miles today as I had to pop to a few places etc - so time will tell, but so far I am impressed, and glad I made the call to remove it.

Appreciate 0