United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane56 View Post
I would highly recommend changing your coils if you haven't done it yet. Have you replaced any of the coils? My personal experience, is that when one coil went bad, another coil would soon follow. I ended up replacing three separate coils on three different occasions, all around 75k miles.

The trick to saving some money with the plugs and coils is to buy your parts from partsgeek.com or rockauto.com. I don't work for either one of these places, but I've had good success with partsgeek.com. All of the parts I ordered from them like thermostat, water pump, coils, plugs, etc. were all OEM parts that were not stamped with the BMW logo.

Generally speaking, the plugs will be anywhere from $9-11. and the coils will be around $30. If you compare that price to ECS or Tischer BMW, their plugs will be $18 and the coils about $48.
Great bro! Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. I have not changed my plugs or coils yet. I was planning to change the plugs which I found them for about $10.00 a piece. (NGK 1208) to be exact. I was not planning to change the coils since I have not had any issues. but now that you are mentioning it, i will. I mean it makes sense since I will be working on the plugs.

Thanks again!.
Appreciate 0