JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
Hey all,

I am having a really tough time with my new '11 e92 coupe. I took delivery in August and at that time the iPhone Snap-In adapter did not work correctly. At first it would recognize and power up the phone but soon the connection would drop out and then come back (evidenced by music going away and the phone stopping charging). Eventually the adapter wouldn't recognize the phone at all.

I had set up an appointment to have a clear bra put on about a week later and decided to have them troubleshoot the issue then. They had the car for about a week trying to find the problem but were not able to solve the issue and needed to order parts from Germany with an ETA of 20+ days. They had me pick up the car and wait until they called me.

About a month later I hadn't heard back and tried emailing my SA. Must to my surprise the email bounced as undeliverable. It turns out my SA had "left to pursue other employment". I was given another SA to work with. They did not get back to me for about another week.

At this point I decided to take my car to a different dealership as this was getting out of hand. I dropped off the car last week Tuesday for them to fix the issue. I was informed upon dropping the car off that if they needed to reprogram it I would completely lose my BMW Apps functionality. After several days of troubleshooting at the new dealership they called me today to say that everything was fixed. They had replaced the combox and the snap-in adapter and all was well. I went down to the dealer and tried out the adapter and it seemed to work...at first. I did note that I did, indeed, lose my BMW Apps functionality but this was expected (although not really okay). On my way home the phone started dropping out again!

So at this point my BRAND NEW car is worse than it was before!! Not only did the snap-in adapter not work, now I have lost the BMW Apps functionality I had paid extra for when I bought it. I took the car back to the dealer and told them it was not fixed. Unfortunately my SA was out on vacation and won't be back until the 25th. I asked that the shop foreman call me tomorrow to discuss the issue.

I am really beginning to wonder if I have a lemon on my hands here. They can't seem to get a key functionality of the vehicle to operate correctly and over the course of their repairs have broken it further. I just want my car to work.
You went in twice. One more time then yes. Standard practice is 3 documented instances for the same issue. 4 or more wouldn't hurt
Appreciate 0