View Single Post
      01-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #17
ThomasMartin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humtek View Post
I'm actually glad I'm getting the procede. I bought a brand new procede with v2 from a member on here and I'm waiting to receive it. Hopefully monday or tuesday.

I live and work at 7500ft, but I can easily travel up to 8000+ ft and then go down to 5000ft. I could even drive 5hrs to get to 4000ft. It will be real interesting to see how the car reacts to the drastic changes in elevation.

Concerning Vista, the way vista communicates period was DRASTICALLY changed from XP. New protocols, etc.... I can see a problem with Vista communicating properly with the procede, but I as well find it hard to see that Vista could actually alter the firmware or map file while uploading. If there were a problem with Vista wouldn't it not be able to communicate properly in the first place? This may lead us all to just use XP for the procede and not try Vista at all.
I agree if there was going to be a communication problem it wouldnt connect at all with VISTA. But is seems to have worked with my problem that is. Stranger things have happened with computers i suppose.

Be carefull if you up your torque values to get yourself close to 15 PSI while at 7000ft then drive down to 4000ft you could cause damage to your car.
Shiv reminded me not to go down to sea level with the torque settings i was running it would create far to much boost. And i travel to the coast often its only a 4 hour drive.
Appreciate 0