View Single Post
      01-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #889
Clark Kent
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Monaco, Oyster

Despite getting my HPFP issues "fixed" last week, I continue to have problems that I think are related to the HPFP. Question here on diagnosing the symptoms:

They said my build date (Oct. 2008 build of 2009 335i) doesn't qualify for a HPFP replacement so they just reprogrammed the car. Yesterday, less than a week after I got the car back, the long crank was back (although not as bad as before) and, during one driving session, my car had practically no power. When I pressed the accelerator all the way (floored it), the car barely picked up and definitely didn't downshift. Even when I manually downshifted, the power simply wasn't there. After parking the car for a few hours and then driving again, the car seemed to be back to normal (though the crank is still longer than usual).

Is this what people are referring to as "limp mode"? Have others had a similar symptom on their N54s? Just want to be as prepared as possible when I take it back to the dealer since, in their minds, they've "fixed" the issue already.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0