View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

e90 LCI - Door Ajar False Alarm and Disco Lights...

My drama goes something like this,,, The cars sits over night or for hours on end during the day while I am at work and if the temps fall below let’s say 40 degrees shortly after I start the car it throws false alarm door ajar signals on the dash for the first 60 seconds or so, and it's usually after I've started driving. The light might indicate the driver's side door is open, the passenger side door or both in sequence (back and forth); of course these lights are paired with the brief "gong" that goes along with an open door. I even got the trunk is open light once. The warning lights only stay on a fraction of a second each time they flash and eventually the stop all together. At first it was disconcerting since I wasn't sure if an actual door was open. The first time it happened I pulled over to the side of the road on a cold rainy morning during rush hour to check the trunk.

Now if the temperature falls into the low 30's or 20's things really get interesting... The other day when my wife took the car, she said not only were the door ajar lights/alarms going off, but this time it included the back doors, this while the "gong" was sounding and on top of it all the overhead interior lights started flashing each time the door ajar light flashed (that's a new one). She said this went on for a good 10 min or so during her drive to the gym. I got in the car yesterday after work (it was pretty cold here) and as soon as I started it up the door ajar lights started flashing intermittently and it gave me a little disco effect with the flashing of the overhead lights. This lasted less than a minute I would say.

Does anyone know of a good exorcist?

Yes, I know, "dealer it" just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the cause turned out to be.
Appreciate 0