View Single Post
      06-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #7973
kgemz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Montego Blue

I have a problem and I hope someone here can help me out. My car misfires on cylinder 2 (CEL comes on) when I go WOT but only when I have Stage 1 Drive or Sport installed. When car is reverted back to stock, I cannot duplicate the problem. I tried live data monitoring and noticed that the HPFP drops to 600 when I go full throttle. Would this mean it's a HPFP failure and not coils/injectors? Recently replaced plugs at the stealership so I'm pretty sure it isn't the problem. If it is a HPFP failure, how do I get this replaced under extended warranty? I brought my car to the dealership today and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem and no misfires were coming up (obviously, because I reverted back to stock before bringing it in.) How do I go about this problem?

Please take in to consideration that I'm not too handy with DIY's and don't have the tools to switch coil packs out. And I don't really trust too many shops here in El Paso, TX. Unluckily stationed here as I'm in the military. I've been scammed before by a shop here and everyone tells me to just go straight to the dealership as this city is full of notorious car shops.

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

2007 E92 335i N54 47k miles
Appreciate 0