View Single Post
      01-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #36
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1 View Post
Excellent write up and good figures for your car.

DMS don't really custom map each car. It sounds like your 335i might be one of the first they've done and that is why they spent so much time tweaking it and seeing what they are capable of producing. The more 335i's they do initially will help them produce a generic but safe map that can be uploaded onto any 335i. Customers who don't go to their premises (most of their business for remaps?) would not get this level of service but instead would get the best part of an hour or so from one of their Technicians who would download the existing software (copy) and then upload the new map, the car wold then be taken for a test drive and then handed back over to the customer.

It's good to hear that DMS have finally got a remapped 335i on the road and the initial figures look good.

Jules.

You are quite correct about DMS in that they develop generic maps for uploading to the majority of cars. However if you do go down to the workshop then there is the very real possibility of having the car tweaked a little to get the best results. Certainly, my car was not the first that DMS have done - in fact they have done tens of cars prior to mine. The difference for me was that my car has had the engine fine-tuned, and also an upgraded intercooler installed
Appreciate 0