View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
sjg3rd
Rep
Drives: 335i

Battery Questions

Yes I have search and am still confused on an issue and need some clarity.

I have a 2009 335i CPO. The clock keeps losing time, sometimes it will be parked for 15 hours and not lose time other times 6 hours and it goes. I assume the battery is going. This is where the fun with BMW begins.

I know I need to register the battery to the car. However, if I want to get a battery from Autozone, Wal-mart, etc and want it to fit but maybe not have the exact spec as the OEM battery does the car need to be "reprogram/recoded"?

Also will the Bav Tool do that or is it limited to registering the battery to the car with the OEM spec's? The local dealer wanted a kidney and something else I quit listening when it became ridiculous.

Ive checked Indy shop and he will reprogram a battery for $130 and register for $90. However, if the Bav Tool will allow me to register the non oem battery specs then I will pony up for a used one and buy a battery from Autozone and do it myself.

Thanks for any insight on this issue, and a thank you to BMW for having such a complicated process for a seemingly simple process.

Make this simpler will the Bav Tool allow me to use a non BMW battery regardless of Ah, CCA, etc..? Or will it only register a battery with the oem specs?
Appreciate 0