07-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandMs335Msport View Post
We have a '10 msport 335i (not s) Our hpfp went out at about 26k miles, under warranty, no prob. This car however eats light bulbs. ((Also under warranty)) The angel eye day time bulb just went out for the 2nd time in the last 5k miles.

Not a big deal, but if you want to own and maintain one of these, be close to a dealer at least for the warranty and free oil changes. Also, if possible, get the CPO good to 100k.

I passed on the rim and tire warranty. Can't wait for our first tire repair, that is that is when I will change to normal tires. the dealer wanted 2k for that warranty, I see complete rim sets on sale her in the classifieds all the time for well under 1k, for all 4 rims. Don't waste money on this warranty, IMHO

Mark
Hi Mark,

Being from SoCal, I was thinking just like you when I got my e90... maybe its a regional thing because in Cali the roads are decent (come visit the North Eastern states in the winter months and I will show you a REAL crater about every 10 steps on "maintained major roads"). It's freaking July and the roads are still $#1t here in NJ. Pretty much every year i need to get all 4 rims straightened on my stock 17" w/rft's.

The great thing about the BMW wheel/tire protection is, you can negotiate the price with the F&I guy (not sales guy), basically look up what a set of new tires for your car costs on tire rack (with the same rim size that is on the car). That is the price you want to target for your negotiation on the warranty. The fail safe you have with the BMW wheel/tire warranty is that you can transfer the un-used part of the 5 year/unlimited miles insurance to the next owner OR you can at ANYTIME get a prorated refund for the insurance. So let's say after a month you feel like you don't need it... just cancel it for (59/60)% of your money back! You can't lose!!!

But with a RFT, even if you get a nail in it, they require you to replace the tire (not patch it). So lets say your tires run down to 50% and then you happen to drive thru a construction area and got 4 nails in your tires... guess what??? you just got yourself a new set of tire under warranty! Just remember that construction area at month 59 of the warranty because 2 sets of tires will more than pay for the insurance price. If you have 18"/19" rims, you bet your A$$ you will get a bent rim at some point which will just get you a brand new replacement rim under the warranty. You will be laughing to the bank and can actually enjoy driving your car like it's stolen

Also if you don't buy the insurance at the time of vehicle purchase... you can't go back later and get the insurance so it's better to buy it and then cancel it after you had some time to think about it.
Appreciate 0