View Single Post
      06-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
foboi1122
Rep
Drives: ###

Arrow Charging inspection fee on top of CPO can we waived?

Hey guys,

So I bought my car CPO and I take it in every once in a while when I see or hear something out of the ordinary with it. I know that they charge you a 50 dollar service fee for the CPO, but was not aware of the $160 inspection fee as well until recently.

So how they explained it to me was:
- if the dealership inspects it and the engine is ok or if it's not the engine's problem, then they charge the $160.
- if it is the engine's problem, they charge $50 for the service fee
- if it's the HPFP, they charge $0 since that's got warranty until 120k.

So before knowing all this, I've taken it into the dealership once because I saw some sort of leak coming from the engine. My service adviser did not charge me the 160 because she said she knew it was coming from the engine or something to those lines. The techs apparently took out the engine, inspected it, and said it was just residual oil from something (i'm assuming the new HPFP that got replaced from a recent recall).

Now recently, I took my car to another dealership because I was experiencing longer than usual crank times. The service adviser here calls me back the next day and tells me that they went through all the standard pressure checks, did some relearning, and tested it again, and nothing was wrong. He was going to charge me $160 because nothing was wrong (maybe the long crank went away after the tech did the relearning) and basically I wasted the tech's time and someone's got to pay for it. If there was something wrong, he woulda just charged me the $50. Ok. But I argued with him about the CPO policy for a while and he said there's a small chance that he might waive it but probably not.
I pick up the car, and they charged me nothing.

So my question is
1. Is the 160 normal to charge if the problem is not the engine/if there's no problem

and

2. When can the dealership waive the inspection fee and when can I not? To me, it seems like they are doing it on a whim here.
Appreciate 0