12-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #14
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Sorry, without custard, those photos don't count

Amazing machine - I'd suffer the ride to own one (hey, we're used to a M Sport/run flat combo afterall!!).
Honestly, the ride was appalling. Fair enough, I did have a bit of a stomach ache anyway which made it feel worse, but for my phone to fly out of my hand.....? It's probably ok if you're driving it though, and concentrating on that.

I'd still wouldn't want one though - if it was as pretty as a 458 then yes, I would!

Oh, and something I forgot to mention! The gear box!

Single Clutch? That really surprised me, because compared to the acceleration you were getting, the gear changes took an eternity. This surely will be having an effect on the 0-60 time. It's a shame.

On the other hand though, because the changes took so long, you really felt the grunt when it came back in - so in that respect, it was quite good.

Also, driving it in traffic was hard - the pickup in 1st was really harsh. Parking it with the nose towards a wall was really difficult - it would lurch and there was a real risk of smashing it! But hey, I know this isn't a town car!

But in some ways, this is what makes the 458 so good - it's so fast yet easy to drive as your daily car.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0