Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
wavetrac installed (got quotes i can email you if you'd like) is $3k+
You do the diff, subframe bushings at the same time. I got a quote from Vorshlag at 8-10 hours. So thats $600-800. No idea where you're getting this $3k+. The diff itself, the complete pumpkin, is $1900.

Quote:
installed and corner balanced good C/O are $3k+
There's no reason anyone with hand tools can't install coilovers themselves. Corner weighting + alignment costs $200-250. Come on. Besides - do M3's come corner weighted from the factory on their progressive non adjustable springs?

Quote:
subframe bushings+M3 arms is labor intensive job $2.5k+
M3 arms are bolt-on... subframe bushings are addressed above.

Quote:
software $700
installed FMIC and DP=$3k
The FMIC and DP cost $800... so who is charging you $2200 for an install of these items?

Quote:
forgot O2 simulators
I didn't forget them. You don't need them.

Quote:
raditor+labor=$1k
There is no available upgrade radiator! Link it or stop saying this!

Quote:
So for $15k we have a 450rwhp 335i on E85 that still DOES NOT have the brakes,
M3 brakes have bigger rotors but similarly horrible calipers as 335's. Both can get away with stock calipers with good rotors/race pads, but both benefit greatly from BBK's. No difference here.

Quote:
steering ratio, seats,
Steering ratio? Seriously? M3 sport seats are really no different than the sport seats in the 335.

Quote:
all the bushings, and missing all the structural rigidity supports of M3.
We replaced the bushings that matter when we did subframe bushings and M3 control arms, or did you forget?

Quote:
wow, what a deal! I just spent $15k making my 335i less reliable and costing more than equivalent year/mileage m3, which will still be superior on the track and still cost more during resale.
Oh I get it. You're one of those M3 > all people.

Quote:
Did you just say C5 is better in every way than E46 M3? I have no further comments. At all.
It has more hp, its lighter, lower cg, wider, fits bigger tires, more torque throughout the rev range, and cheaper parts/easier to make big power.

In which way is it not better?

You're just one of those silly M3 > all people, so you don't understand why people would want to work on a 335 or a 330i (like the OP). Now that we understand who and what you are, your comments make a lot more sense.

Good day sir.
Appreciate 0