Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogpfan82 View Post
So my kid got sick at school, and on the way home vomited all over the leather seats in the back. I cleaned it up with in minutes, I used a million leather shampoo and conditioner armor all whipes but the leather still smells when your up close. What can I use that's leather safe to remove the smell? Anyone ever have to remove vomit or other smells from their leather caused by either a child or pet?

I've read that to remove smells caused by human or animal bodily fluids you need something that has an enzyme eater to eat the bacteria that is actually causing the smell. This is used in many pet urine/poop odder removers, but because leather is a organic material you can't use anything with an enzyme eater because it will eat your leather too. Has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks for any help

new car....

But in all seriousness, good luck. The smell of vomit is a bitch to get out of anything. I'd say keep treating it with leather conditioner, especially on warm days when you can leave it out in the sun (not sure where you're located...if you're in New England like me, than disregard my suggestion) and allow the pores in the leather to open up and soak in the conditioner. Keep febreezing the carpets (might help to overpower the vomit) and perhaps look into getting a professional detail. While it may be expensive, might be worth it for piece of mind. I'm sure they've dealt with vomit before and know the best ways to eliminate the odor.

Keep us posted!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0