08-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
axis
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Sounds like you need to check out your throttle valve potentiometers.

Unplug the connectors near the throttle body (I'm assuming they are there, not sure) and clean them and apply stabilant 22a to the contact pins.

Also try cleaning your MAF sensor, located on the intake tube. Take the 2 torx screws out and wiggle the sensor out. Get MAF cleaner and spray the wires as per the instructions on the can and WAIT FOR THE UNIT TO DRY COMPLETELY! Also clean the connector and apply stabilant 22a.

Your idle actuator could also be bad. But I don't think that's the case if you just reset the adaptations.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check the throttle body to see if there's anything around there that looks like it could be what you describe. The MAF should be fine, I just cleaned it probably a couple weeks back. Is stabilant 22a available at an auto parts store such as advance auto or autozone? I've never heard of it.. guess a google search is in order.

Also, I'd still like to find out why the heck I can't access the adaptations in the DME/DDE anymore, that worries me more than anything else.

Last edited by axis; 08-26-2011 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0