View Single Post
      11-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Ground connection on the ballasts is very important. Make sure the ballasts are grounded to a good place with no paint under wire terminal.

I recently ran into same problem on my 09' E92. Installed the HPB CanBus HID kit - supposedly no errors. Same as you, I got low beam headlight errors a couple minutes after start-up. They sent me new ballasts on the off chance that the ballasts were bad - still didn't solve the problem.

I even mounted my ballasts directly to the front frame rails + installed the included Ground wire to frame rail correctly.

I was told there was nothing else they could do, so finally I gave up, contacted Grant, & he let me know which lines to code, changed them all to 'nicht-aktiv' and the problem is gone

If you changed all the lines of code for warm/cold bulb check as reported by Grant to 'aktiv' as you state, you actually turned ON the bulb checks - not OFF, so I don't see how the problem goes away for you? You need to change all bulb check values to 'nicht-aktiv'

BTW, you cannot add error cancellors (resistors) to CanBus ballasts - they won't work as the ballasts already have the error cancelling circuit added into their electronics.

So just because a vendor states that the HID kit is 'error free' - doesn't make it so Apparently some cars are just more sensative than others...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0