View Single Post
      12-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #635
BeezDeep
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Saddle/Graphite

Blackberry pairing solution

Guys- when I first got my 335i coupe with iDrive in December of 2007 I had a regular VZW phone. A few month later I bought the Curve 8330. About a year later my car would just drop the BT connection. I tried several things including the old battery remove&replace trick. Intermittent BT fails and frustration. I

Then this summer i went out and got the VZW Tour thinking that my problems would be over. Nope.

Here is what I've found to work. Each time I start my car I've configured my phone to "Prompt" me to ask if I should connect to my car each time I start the car. Maybe it's some sort of confusion in the initial handshake between car and phone.

Another useful tip is to reset your BB every couple of days or so. I have MeterBerry which is a neat and inexpensive app that let's you really see what's going on in your phone (any softpull software will do fine however).

So far so good... keep away Murphy's Law!!

I know how frustrating this is guys...It drove me batsh!t when my service manager initially told me to get a new phone from their compatability list. In fact, since I have Verizon there isn't a current Blackberry I can buy on that compatability list (the BB Pearl on there has been discontinued by VZW for at least 6 mos. now). I mean come on guys... Blackberries and BMW users!! Dude..hello there's got to be near a billion of us (slight exageration)?!!??!?!?

Good Luck
BD
Appreciate 0