cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
I'm getting 22.6mpg with 90% city driving in my E91 328, and theoretically the wagon should be the worst of them. Also, I have a lead foot. On the highway I tend to get about 28mpg but I tend to go the "prevailing speed" which in Georgia, at least on the main highways, is autobahn speeds. If you kept it at or under 80 you should be able to replicate it.

And, as far as comfort, its the best "small" (the 3 isnt really a small car anymore) car I have used for over the road trips. Its the main reason I got it. Its solid and quiet at 90, the sound system is great and the lumbar in the premium seats is excellent. At night the adaptive headlights will light the road like no other.
Yea, the 328i is pretty bad in the city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
The n52 is thirsty in stop'n'go. If you get more than 18mpg in that case, its great.

Its not bad on the interstate or back roads, you can easily score 24-25mpg mixed in this case (I've averaged up to 33mpg on interstate travel).
Yea, the difference between city and highway mileage is night and day. Definitely thirsty in stop'n'go situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
I realize the 335i isn't far behind the 328i in MPG. But it's more expensive to purchase (by a wide margin) more expensive to maintain and driving 25k miles/yr that all adds up in a hurry.

The 328i gets better than what I'm driving now and will be significantly quieter inside than my Speed3.
The 335i has more power and torque than the 328i. Therefore, it needs less throttle for it to reach the desired performance and speed that a 328i driver would need.

Depending on where you live, if you live in hilly areas, you are better off with the 335i since you wont need to put a lot of pressure on the throttle going uphill resulting in higher fuel efficiency. Although overall, I would say that the 335i and 328i are similar in terms of mileage.

If comfort is what you are looking for, a premium package is a must. Stay away from the Sport package cause the ride is quite stiff and you will be able to feel practically all the bumps on the road. 328i will save you trouble from the turbo issues that the 335i presents but maintaining a BMW will always be more than a Mazda.

Keep us updated on your decision
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0