Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Rambler View Post
approximately 1.4ft3, from the best of my measurements and what I could see with the scope... could easily be a bit more or less. There was no port I could see. I did some more tinkering and I'm fairly sure it is indeed a "sealed" enclosure. I had the sill panel and rear sail panels out, and was playing some tones and sweeps, and it's amazing how much leakage there is at the pop clips when they are out. It actually seals up really well when you install them. I use the term sealed loosely because the "enclosure" as it is resonates quite easily, to be expected of thin gauge metal I suppose. With all the panels installed it isn't too noticable inside, though you can certainly hear it outside. I was trying to figure out a good way to damp it, but I think it would be pretty tough to get damping material every where in there...
Ok so I obviously didn't pick this up. What I meant was that the enclosure the sub is attached to is "channeled" into the chamber in the side skirts. I wasn't aware that they were actually "sealed," thus the reason I said they were ported. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
Waiting for someone to dump Tide in there and shop-vac it out...
Haha yea it's going to be hard finding a guinea pig for that though. I certainly don't want to pour tide in my enclosures! lol
Appreciate 0