View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #8
chanlon1
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJ View Post
They look pretty decent to me. I've been going round in circles too, looking at different threads to upgrade my pre LCI E91 xenons.

Could you summarise your research and say why you chose these.
Research:
Scoured the lots of different 3 series forums etc to see what other people had been doing/trying.
Looked at a lot of UK based companys that deal in HID, Xenon and LED's.

Why JuicedUp?
The wiring on the LCI lights has a strange plastic connector, and more often than not, the photos/products on websites don't show or indicate that you need a special adaptor to connect to the existing wiring loom - even though most of them say "direct plug n play"
Having emailed lots of companies asking if they were direct plug n play, the majority got back to me saying "yes". Some didnt bother.
On further questioning about the special connector, not one single company confirmed - they all just said "they connect directly".

Neil from JuicedUp was the only one that actually physically stated there was a connector that wasnt shown in the photo on their website.

Also, with JuicedUp being approved by e90post, I didnt see any issues dealing with them.

E90liv
I didnt have to remove the bumper, just the plastic arches behind the wheels.
The only reason for doing this was to gain easier access to the bulbs.
Its possible that you could do the passenger side without removing the arch, but the space is really tight. The drivers side would be impossible.

My recommendation, spend an hour taking the arches off beforehand so you get a feel of what need done. Jack the car up, unscrew about 8 screws, and your done. Hardest part is getting the arch back on!

As you have a preLCI, I'm not sure if you can get away with the above or you would have to remove the bumper....mine is a 2010 LCI
Appreciate 0