05-29-2011, 04:09 AM   #23
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
I agree with you about the CGT.. And that just proves my point over priced..

Forget the CGT.. Just a Porsche I like. But you get so much more from a Ferrari thats why they cost so much more. Look at the Top Gear times.. Also I am more of a day to day driver, I very rarely get to hit the track unless I am Invited.

I like the CGT because of the # of them, The engine of course...(WOW WHAT A SOUND) and the design.

I just feel every time I look at a Porsche and see the price I say "Damn for that price I could have ________"

Hell I saw this today and got excited..
I've been fortunate enough to own a few Porsches as well as track them and has also been fortunate enough to have tracked a fair few Ferraris too. You feel you get much much more from a Ferrari than a Porsche? Sure lets look at lap times, a perfect example is the comparison test they did between the 430Scud and the GT3RS a while back, they did the same lap time and yet the Ferrari was a sizeable bit more expensive.

Sorry but from my experience the Ferrari feels like a kitcar by comparison, maybe the latest 458 has improved on this I honestly don't know as I haven't driven it yet but the rest when compared to the equivalent Porsche it's the Porsche that has always feel more solid and dare I say it more engineered of the two. Unlike a Porsche which when you take it to the track the whole experience goes up a couple of levels from before, the Ferrari which impressed so much on the road fails to live up to the hype on the track (personal opinion here guys). Ferraris in my mind is like someone famous that you admire and finally get to meet but turn out to be such a disappointment, at least with the Porsche it always fulfills your expectations and more.
Appreciate 0