View Single Post
      08-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #17
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
The 5.25" components are far too large for an A-pillar build in the E92 because the A-pillars are actually really slim and house the curtain airbag too. I'd also have an issue with integration between the midrange and the bass units under the seats. I basically run the system as a full-way system as opposed to a 2-way plus subwoofers. Plus, it really wouldn't look OEM and discrete. As it is, you'd actually have to be quite switched on to notice the tweeters in the A-pillar - it's amazing how many people have got into the car and not noticed the retrim!

I could have used a 3-way front stage with a 3" dome midrange from Morel or Dynaudio, but again it would be too obvious in a car that is generally quite normal looking!

And no, I have no problems with the Bit One. Probably because I updated the firmware to the latest version, and I know how to setup a sound system properly! It's a great bit of kit, links to a computer perfectly via USB, and is more flexible than the Cleansweep and Fostage 360.2 competitors.
Attached is pics of my install with the custom speaker cover on As you say Oem works

Glad your Bit One works, and i'll let the guys at AudioAdvice know that they you can set up a sound system properly whereas clearly they can't
Only kidding - you like your system, you're happy and you've taken umbridge to my questions, i apologise. I was only genuinely asking after i'd recently been through the process and discarded the BitOne as not as good as Cleansweep. And having issues. FWIW - my system is Focal amp, Focal KRX speakers upfront and Cleansweep. Opted out of the Berylliums because the HU is not good enough sonically. The Focal Amp is the limited edition which stores 5 presets (set up via laptop) in the car and the sub control. It's not bad

Did you do any work on the power supply? I installed 2 extra batteries under the pedals to ensure the power to the amp was constant.?

Just to be clear nothing negative meant : Nice work
Attached Images

Appreciate 0