View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #46
Billdozer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

The "Statutory Emmisions Inspection" comes up in the check controls as " Service Due" and it is true that it does not apply to most states so they just reset it that part is true but my question is why was the car never taken in for diagnosis in the first place? CPO covers "Most" componets on the car seven then i know the car still has to be diagnosed first to find the failure so did the Service Advisor not even offer to have the car Diaged? If so thats terrible!

FYI for anyone else, if you feels there's a problem with your car get a work order written on the car and if your out of the 4/50 warranty there's always going to be a diag fee but if it is a covered componet then you just pay that $50.00 deductable but seriously not having the car written up and an actual work order made is never good because BMW not only has nothing to look at but it becomes your word against thiers.

i just ad my 2 cents because i was in a similar situation where the dealer would take me in right away not even write a ticket on it make thier "adjustment" for my window rattle then send me on my way but then when the problem came back over and over i told them this has been going on for months and i have been there 4 times there were no records of my visits and now it was my word against theres. So i paid my diag fee got it looked at, the CPO covered my window reg and it cost $50.00 but documentation is eveything!

Hope it all works out for you man, We all got your back!