View Single Post
      03-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #21
paulm3251
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Yes, I'm anal about my cars maintenance. I fix it right away. I love my car, so hey, I'll fix it up and keep for many more years. So far what I had repaired is common for this vehicle considering its age. Hopefully I should be ok now for some time.

I'm probably the best guy to answer this. I have a 2007 328xi I bought in July with roughly 81,000 miles. At 81,500 I needed a new battery, at 81,600 I needed the ECU box fan replaced, at 83,585 my Eccentric shaft sensor failed, cyl 4 misfire, and valve cover gasket needed to be done, at 85,000 my started failed and left me stranded at a supermarket, my right turn signal failed to work...was fixed the failed again a month later. So I know what your going through I was in the same mindset and really frustrated. Only difference is I have a full warranty on the car and didn't have to pay a penny. The main point of my post is to tell you that all this shit happens...kind of like when it rains it pours type of deal. What it comes down to man is this...do you love the car? If you love the car keep it and fix as need be. You have a paid off car man that's great...unfortunately I am financing and more so have to deal with it. If you love the car keep it and keep maintaining the shit out of it...if you don't love the car and want a switch for other reasons then it might be time to swap...again its yours paid off so you have that advantage. But just remember things happen and fail just keep doing your part even if the car is being a pain...your far past the lemon stage. Hope this helps.