05-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #176
raj55
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E91 2009, 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan_tms View Post
I finished the amp install yesterday.It wasn't difficult,it took aproximatively 4 hours.There are two thin wires on each side ,those are from the door speakers,and 4 thick wires,2 from subwoofer,2 from the headunit.
I did not disconnect the battery at all,just worked carefully not to short circuit somethging.I identified the wires by cutting one by one,then verified once again the dor speakers and subwoofer with a little battery.It's pretty simple,black stiped cables must be connected to black triped ones,white striped to the white striped ones,you just have to have in mind, that blue is going to headunit,red to the door speakers,and green to the subwoofer.
On the driver side be careful not to damage some green wires,I think those are fiberoptics,going to the navigation system.
It sounds really good,surprisingly it's not very loud,but you can hear the difference,the bass hits harder,now all you need is to change your underseat woofers...

You certainly worked very fast to complete every thing in four hours! Very brave of you in not disconnecting the battery. I connected and disconnected battery after each connection and test listen before the final job and that took time. I was probably being unduly careful. I have actually drawn two extra cables (one on each side) from the head unit to amplifier connection point backwards towards the rear end of the car to connect two extra rear speakers in the wagon to make it into a ten speaker system in future. I suppose one could even tap that signal to xtra speakers from the signal wires going in to the amplifier itself.
Appreciate 0