View Single Post
      11-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
fsumach
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

2006 E90 Airbag question

Hello,

When someone sits in the passenger seat of my 2006 300i, the passenger airbag and warning light comes on along with the seatbelt light. The lights (at least the airbag light) generally (but not always) goes out after a few minutes of driving.

My local dealership said this would be an expensive repair involving the seat sensor. After some research on this site I called BMW NA and they said there was a bulletin due to this issue, but my specific car (I gave them the VIN) was not covered, and I would have to pay.

This appears, to me, to fall under technical service bulletin 720205. It's a safety issue and clearly my vehicle is affected by the problem that caused a bulletin to be issued.

Does anyone have any advice? I really like the car, but this is a safety issue and I feel like they should pay for it. I already payed for a window motor actuator and a door lock actuator, and I have only owned the car for 6k miles (both repairs were close to $1k).

Are this many electrical problems normal? The car only has 53k miles and is in great shape.

Thanks!

Mike
Appreciate 0