View Single Post
      01-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe Msport AW

I've never liked how the sedan E90's looked so I'm looking forward to seeing the F30's. E92 has looked sharp the day it came out and still look damn good, I get lots of "nice car" comments wherever I go with mine, especially when freshly washed and looking crisp. E93 looked good to me at first but after a while the retractable hard top looked weird and didn't like that look anymore, but certainly looks good again once you fold back the top.

Anyways, The new F32 will have to damn good looking to successfully replace the E92. The life cycle of BMW's usually run longer than say Hondas, and this model change seems to be coming kinda early, by about 2 years it seems. Even when the new F32 comes out I'll most likely still have my E92, as I'm planning on keeping it for the next 4 years at least til my next car purchase. IMO the E92 was built very future proof, and will give the F32 a run for its money whenever it does come out. We all know how when the E92 came out some dealers were asking ridiculous mark ups and many were not willing to negotiate at all let along dropping the price to ~$500 above invoice what many of us bought them for in 2011. I am sure when the F32 comes out the same will be the case. It will command big dollar signs unless it does not meet or exceed the E92 in looks. I get the feeling it will though, and many who buy them new will pay dearly for it.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is that the 3 series seems to be getting larger and heavier through every generation cycle. Even my E92 does not feel nearly as nimble as say, an E36 M3. I use to drive me friends all the time and although not as powerful it was raw and felt great throwing around in corners at speeds I wouldn't do in my E92.
Appreciate 0