Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
That always seems to be the argument: This one is way cheaper, performs almost as well, so it must be the winner! Same thing is always said about the Nissan GT-R. For me, it doesn't come down to the price (not that I'm able to afford either car to begin with) but the emotions and prejudices I have when looking at the cars. I like the 911, I don't like the Corvette nor the GT-R. The Dodge Viper ACR is on the "very desired list" for me, so it isn't all about the prestige of the brand name (badge whore.)

The Porsche does it for me. Pinnacle performance, sexy good looks, superior build quality and German heritage. To me, Corvettes starting from the '70s on will always be the "trailer trash car" of the sports car world (C3-C5 really). I know the modern C6's like the Z06 and the ZR1 have incredible performance and are a really good "value", but I just don't respond to them when I see them on the road. But every 911 that drives by, be it a 964, 993, 997 or whatever gets my attention.
No disagreement here, I too would much rather sit in the turbo...its badass

for now I guess I'll have to settle for taking photos of them haha

I was only referring to their odd statement about one being a better track car than the other...while underperforming the "lesser" car on the track for 37k more