Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Honestly, the wastegate duty cycle is almost identical on DCI and your intake so the flow is sufficient on both. It would be nice to see IAT if possible at some time. Next, the time difference is nearly nothing on the best runs. I am not sure that .04 seconds proves anything because that must be within the range of error on the VBOX. There are so many other things that could account for such a tiny error.

It is important to note this proves the stock intake is worthless on higher boost. You will notice the wastegate duty cycles are higher on the stock intake, so it is not sufficent to flow at higher boost levels. End of story.

Please don't take this the wrong way Mr. 5. I am simply stating that the quantifable difference here is not conclusive in my opinion.
I disagree, but you do have your opinion.

I understand that I haven't taken all measuring parameters into account, but I'll put it to you this way...I did this test on Saturday morning. It took me up until last night to post this.
There was a lot of data for me to go through and analyze (but I'm sure you know about this since you've done plenty of these tests).

This is the way I'm thinking about these tests---It's obvious that the stock air box is restrictive with that much boost and the DCI is a better alternative, but as i stated before, I had the DCIs. I hate the way it looks and sounds.
This test not only showed as good of results compared to the DCI, it showed better results--TWICE!
Margin for error? Maybe, but look at the worst run with each intake and compare it to the best.
There's no doubt in my mind that this test showed that my intake was superior.

I don't know if you have a Vbox, but when you are finished the runs, it only shows to the 10ths and it rounds.
For example, the following runs were displayed as follows:

Mr. 5 Intake
Time 4.63 Displays 4.6
Time 4.63 Displays 4.6
Time 4.66 Displays 4.7

Stock
Time 4.73 Displays 4.7
Time 4.68 Displays 4.7
Time 4.69 Displays 4.7

DCI
Time 4.67 Displays 4.7
Time 4.72 Displays 4.7
Time 4.70 Displays 4.7

Mr. 5 (Again)
Time 4.68 Displays 4.7
Time 4.62 Displays 4.6

Notice that I could have just diplayed the rounded values but I reported actual results.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0