03-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #27
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by runrider View Post
To leave DSC enabled, you do nothing. It turns on every time you start your car, because it allows the computer to keep you from crashing by limiting the throttle and applying individual brakes as needed. Dash will look like the first picture.

To Enable DTC instead, press the DTC button, shown in picture #4.

DTC mode will still use the brakes to keep you from spinning, but it wont limit the throttle. Its a fun mode, but is still gives the computer some control of the car. When DTC is on, you will have a icon on your dash saying DTC, as pictured in #2.

DSC & DTC turn off completely when you PRESS AND HOLD the DTC button. You get the crazy circle arrow around a caution symbol on your dash, as in picture #3. In this mode, you may as well be in a go-cart, because there is nothing to keep you from spinning out of control but the laws of plain old vector physics... Which is fine, until you have 200+ hp on a RWD car.
Yeah I know it's always active, pressing the DTC button activates DTC, obviously. But the last part I was not aware of, which was cutting them both off completely. That was my original question. Doesn't seem like a smart move to do that, though.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0