View Single Post
      05-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Monaco Grand Prix

I used to be a major fan of F1 but I find myself more and more often just deleting the races from my Sky box. It has to do with the fact that the Governing body and rules have more to do with the outcome than the actual drivers.

Take the gearbox swap rule. How is that in anyway the fault of the driver...so why on earth penalize him with 5 grid places? There's a constructors as well as a drivers championship, so surely, when the problem has to do with the car, doesn't it make more sense to penalize the constructor?

I do at least watch one race per year live...the Monaco Grand Prix. This afternoon I'm busy watching the race, with Nico Rosberg leading and Lewis Hamilton second, doing a fine job keeping the Red Bulls at bay. Then Massa dings the barrier, Bernd Maylaender wakes up, we watch 10 laps of cars trying to keep their tyres warm for no reason I can fathom, then the race starts again with Rosberg in the lead and Hamilton 4th, so I spent the next 5 laps waiting in vain for one of the commentators to explain what happened, at which point I lost interest and spent the rest of the afternoon oiling a nice teak garden bench.

Last edited by SteveC; 05-26-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0