06-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #138
rtjones
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Sure rtjones. I have everything to get you up and running with the PC 7424. I have no preference between the 7336 and 7424 because it is the same unit and you end up changing the backing plate anyways. I haven't found much of a difference between the 5" counter weight and the 6" counter weight, at higher speed settings there is still considerable vibration.

Here's a sample package to consider:

Porter Cable 7424
Pad Kit #2, which gives you 4 pads, the proper backing plate, and 3 packets of cleaning solution for the pads.

For your needs, I'd recommend the following pad and product combinations:

Z-2 - Blue Lake Country Pad
Z-5 - Blue Lake Country Pad
Z-AIO - White (more aggressive) or Black (less aggressive) Lake Country Pad
Z-PC - White Lake Country Pad

Since the kit has different pads that you would need, just make a note in the comment box prior to checking out which pads you would like included with your kit. If you did want to add a 6" counter weight to reduce some of the vibration, here is the link to the 6" counter weight.

The discount code is e90post and is entered where it says Discount Code when you enter in your credit card information. This will give you 10% off the pad kit (discount codes do not apply to the buffers).

Let me know if you need a hand selecting anything else.

George
Jeez, I just noticed the discount code is in your signature. (!!)

Thanks for your suggestions. I wish I had bought this before I detailed my '99, but I had just learned of all the steps, process, etc., and was eager to begin.
Appreciate 0