08-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #45
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Is that the sound of an order being placed I hear?

Does your work pay for the monthly payment? If so I'd be sorely tempted to stump up some of my own cash as well if poss. and go for something really special. That said, I can't think of much that would match the 335i for what it does, some might say "get a new M3" but then that's 2 doors and I suspect you want a family car.

If you had say 50k to spend, one car, had to be subject to the same constraints (4 door, family car etc.) what would you get?

I'm struggling a bit with that one....
No order yet.

My employer gives me a monthly allowance which after tax more than covers the monthly payment. They also insure the car and I pay for petrol on my company card.

Compared to a company car I also achieve a sizeable tax saving and when added to the monthly payment I have about 60% more available each month in real terms than I am currently committing to the e90.

Having said that I don't feel comfortable with buying a car for much more than £35K. If I could like with a mondeo I could use the money to by an investment property instead ... but I'm not sensible enough and I love cars.

As you know I'm also very tempted to get 2 cars ... it's a nice problem to have all this choice and I'm not rushing into anything since my 330i is perfectly nice in the meantime.

This thread started out as a bit of research into peoples perception of the e46 m3 which is a dream car of mine, but now is somewhat outdated.
Appreciate 0