United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
exactly, get Dinan to offer a 17psi tune on meth and warranty that....and THEN they will have the true enthusiasts flocking to them for their warranty.

14psi has been proven for years as a very very safe tune level. I understand why Steve would stop at that level, he doesnt want to pay back any $$ just like an insurance company wants to keep their $$.

In my eyes Dinan is actually pretty handcuffed by their warranty. They cant push the envolope at all due to their business model.
All depends on how extreme you want to be, and Dinan's tune limitations are fine with me. You and all the other Dinan knockers on here just don't seem to get that. Your opinion is that if you don't get the most extreme tune for your dollar, there's something wrong with you. I, on the other hand, think that if you want to push the envelope and hide from the dealer/BMWNA, that's your business. I'm not out to have the fastest car on the road, but that seems to be all you guys can think about. You obviously didn't comprehend what I was saying - I like performance, I just don't like going to extremes. Being an engineer myself, I like what Steve Dinan comes up with and dont mind paying more for it because his model suits my purposes. The other tuners are obviously very talented and their products cost less and are enjoyed by many, but aren't my cup of tea, and probably not the OP''s either.

We straight now?

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0