View Single Post
      03-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
JRP
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane56 View Post
How loud is your humming noise? I have the same problem you're describing with my 2006, but every time I have the stealership look at it, they just call it tread noise and call it a day.

Do you find that your car is quieter at 70+mph than 60-65mph?
Thanks. I am going to check if the dealer I bought it from will fix it, since I have a 3 month warranty left. I'm sure it is the front right wheel bearing. The slow speed, slight turn test points me to the bearing. Is definelty not tread or tire noise, or a rotor. I proved that changing the tires. The noise does seem to get more quite, with less vibration, as I drive at speeds greater than 70 mph. The harmonics of the bearing may cancel out at speeds greater than 70, and why its not as noticable. Its an annoying noise to me becuase I mostly drive the car at 60-65 mph every day to work. Passengers don't even notice it, but I sense there is something wrong cause I drive the car over 500 miles per week, so I spend a lot of time in it, and get to know it well. I am waiting for someone to notice it to and ask me if somethings wrong with the car!
Appreciate 0