View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #38
DanielGonz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
All the people who have first year models of any car, especially 07 335's, just because you didn't have any problems doesn't mean the "design"/"defects" are there. Case in point, the first bad batches of:

1. HPFP
2. Injectors
3. Subframe motor mount
4. Lack of cooling injectors
5. Host of other updates

Again, the first 2 have been corrected if you took your car in for recalls, but there are many more mechanical parts that I'm sure if you look through realoemparts.com, BMW has updated those parts for '09/'10 model years.

If you haven't had any major problems, that is good for you and you are in the upper distribution of reliability for '07/'08. No one is saying you will or won't have problems with '07/'08 early builds, but what we're saying is that you are more likely and more prone to have more problems than people with '09/'10. That's a fact.

If you don't understand, maybe this will help:

Probability of having significant repairs with 335i N54 based on model year:

2007 - 10-15%
2008 - 8-12%
2009 - 5-8%
2010 - 3-5%
2011 - 3-5%

This is just my guesstimate but you can see that you if you stay 2009 and above, you'll be less likely to have any issues than those with early builds. Again, for those of you who don't have problems with 07 builds, that means you are in the 85-90% population.
Holy bullshit! This is the Holy Grail of bullshit right here in the quoted post

Nice figures BROOO. What statistics have you drawn from you awesome percentage calculations? Please, you're trying too hard.

Posts like above are the #1 reason why I hate coming to the forums. Too many blanket statements made by people with no credibility drawing up ridiculous percentages of failure based upon perceived opinion summoned from second or third hand experiences.

07 AW E92 335 6MT [18" OEM 193's For Sale, PM me]
OEM Aero Lip | OEM Gloss Black Kidney Grills | KW V2 | Vorsteiner CSL trunk | M-Tech Rear Bumper | LCI Rear Taillights | Angel ibright Angel Eyes | 3000K HID fogs | 6000k HID low beams | AFE DCI | Full LED conversion
Appreciate 0