Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
The premium over an equally equipped S5 is well worth it. Like others have said above, RS5 will hold their value far more than a S5. But it doesn't matter to most BMW owners, because most of them are just "renting" their cars anyways.
Some of us still enjoy rowing their own boat. This is something that can't be done in the RS5. Where Audi loses touch with their consumer base is assuming that the only thing that matters to the consumer is straight speed over feeling involved while driving. I can't think of anything more emasculating behind the wheel of a car than having to put it into "D". BMW will continue to benefit from this poor decision by Audi to axe the manual transmission in their high performance models.

The RS5 will hold it's value better than the S5 due to scarcity, in much the same way that a B7 S4 Avant held it's value better than the RS4 of the same model year.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0