View Single Post
      05-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #31
Brad from the OC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325Ia Alpine White

When the Indy asked me for the CCA rating, I told him that I didn't know but to go to the Internet and look for the data for a Duralast Gold 94R DLG. In a couple of minutes he walked out of his office with paper in hand and went to the work station, so I'm pretty sure that he saw the same data that you have.

When he said that he wouldn't do the job without risking damage to the car, I asked him what data he was missing and he said Amp Hour Rating ( he said he doesn't know it it was 70, 80 or 90 ) and said he didn't want to enter that data in the computer without knowing the correct Amp Hour. I asked him if I found the Amp Hour and gave it to him if he would do the job. He stated that he recommends that I go a BMW dealership and maybe they would do the job, and he restated that he didn't want to damage my car by not having the correct battery data.

I don't have the computer tool that they were using and I didn't go to the shop area to snoop, so I have no idea what data his computer was asking for him to input. But I think that I can assume he is honest or otherwise he could have just guessed at the data and take my money. So I'm at the point of either writing the battery manufacturer for the Amp Hour rating, go to a dealership and see what they can do (but how will they get the Amp Hour rating?) or just take the Duralast 94 R DLG back to Autozone and just have the same shop install a new battery and register the computer to the new battery. I think the best bet will be to try and get the Amp Hour rating from the battery mfg. as I understand there is no calculation that I can do to produce that number. This job is getting to be more of a hassle than I thought.
Appreciate 0