View Single Post
      02-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
maddmatt02
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: alpine white e90

map lights work for couple seconds, then don't. but work again later.

ok, tried to search and came up with people having trouble accessing them, or having problems with an individual light. Im havng problems with all 4 map lights. swapped to led bulbs and used the same bulb in the footwells, doors, maps, domes. have no problem with doors/footwells/domes. they come on when they should, time out when they should, stay on when they should... etc..

but on my first drive I turned on my map light and it came on for about 2-3 seconds maybe and went off. I thought "oh great, stupid bulb already quit working" so I turned on pass. side map light and it did the same thing, reached back and one after the other turned each one on on and watched it go out seconds later. later on they will come back on for a few seconds. wife went to use it and I thought maybe it didnt want map lights on while driving (although figured I was wrong since the map light would stay on). tried it today with the car not moving and same thing, they come on for a few seconds and then go out, and will not turn right back on...

I dont remember it happening with the incandescants but I swapped right away and dont even know if I turned them on for more than 1/2 second making sure they worked when I bought it.

anyone have any ideas why its doing this?