Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
With the exception of the rear turbo cold side pipe, which appears to just head into nowhere, everything else looks on point. Are you new to forced induction? Many old school JDM tuners used to use the same pie-cut and weld practice to build manifolds. Those bends are a great alternative to a "log style" of manifold, and will help greatly with keep exhaust velocity high.

Not defending this set-up, as i know dick about it, but everything looks "ok" as far as i can tell.
LOL, oh look somebody on e90post has a brain I guess the crowd over here is a bit inexperienced and don't realize how simple a turbo HARDWARE kit is for any car, it's the software part that causes the problems.

If you go on other forums there are people sitting in their garage with a 2-4 of beer fabbing manifolds for cars running a lot faster than the n54.

It might not give the best results possible, but that doesn't negate the fact that it will still be an upgrade and fairly large one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
I'd like to see the electric bill from all that welding. If they're planning to go into production with that, they might consider some tight-radius bends for starters.
I don't think it's something that's going into production, the owner of a shop did it on his own personal vehicle for his own fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
It's getting a little old with forum users posting NEW turbo upgrades from various vendors..... Until the VENDOR makes the thread & takes some pics, I'm calling
What difference does that make? Tons of vendors have posted bs around here, all it takes to be a vendor is a quick online payment, how does that change anything? I made a post to share a pic and the pics infront of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Thats not inefficient or anything lol...
Might be inefficient, but functionality and efficiency are two diff things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
No bends? Child labor? 2nd hand turbos?
Turbos are from the same mitsu fam as we're all fairly accustomed to.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0