View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #206
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I really enjoyed watching the NBA in the 80s, 90s and the early 2000s. The game had so many quality teams, that you couldn't pick a favorite to win it all. However, when Jordan arrived that changed. He prevented many team's from winning a championship. Like I said earlier, today's NBA is full of horrible team's. I feel Kobe would of been the type of player he has been his whole career during those years because of his killer mentality. As far as Lebron, yes he's a freek of nature, However he would of have to adjust his game quickly to become a factor on the court. There wasn't any excuses to play the way he did in the 4th qtr against the Mavs in the finals. I think he woud of become more of an outside shooter, because he doesn't like contact. And no," FLOPPIN " didn't exist. Defenders were not afraid to do their job. Referees allowed it, but had it under control.
I don't know if you are serious. 80s was dominated by Magic Johnson and the Lakers. 90s was dominated by MJ. 2000 was dominated by the Lakers. Magic Johnson won 5 championship in the 80s. MJ won 6 championship in 90s and Kobe won 5 championship in the 2000s. How are you going to say that "you couldn't pick a favorite to win it all?" Seriously, you don't make any sense at all. I'm starting to think you dont know much about basketball.

I'm starting to think that you don't remember how good the Mavs were in the 2011 season. They had one of the deepest team in the league. Dirk, Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Tyson Chandler, Marion, Jason Terry, Barea. The Mavs swept the Lakers and nearly swept OKC 4-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
So it was O.K to play hard nose defense in the 80s, 90s, and early2000s? The majority of fouls called in the NBA today are a joke. Even when Van Gundy calls the game, he would ask " where is the foul?" Lebron, and many other players shoot a lot of free throws. Many times the referee would anticipate a foul, and blow the whistle.
There will be missed calls no matter what. There were missed called in the 80s,90s, 2000s. There just wasn't a commentator that points it out like Jeff Van Gundy.
Appreciate 0