View Single Post
      02-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 xDrive40i

My coding rant

Three or so years ago I successfully coded my e90 325i after hours of getting everything set up and working. It was a one time thing, and since then I have forgot how everything works. Just a couple days ago I bought an e90 335i and decided I'd give it a go and try coding another car. Holy... shit. I can't believe how confusing it is now. There are so many different files, versions, websites, tutorials, etc. that it's almost impossible to know where to start. I find one tutorial and start downloading files just to find out that 200 comments in someone says there are newer files somewhere else, so I go there and end up getting sent somewhere else.

So my question is, where is the most current DIY or 'how to' that uses the current versions of software as of February 2014? I've got Windows 7 32 bit running via Parallels on my MacBook Air. I know someone will come along and tell me to do a Google search, but holy hell... the infrastructure of the BMW coding environment isn't exactly conducive to Google searches.
Appreciate 0