07-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #20
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D stock engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
depends on what you are doing with it. It can be used in a couple of different ways on a diesel, unlike gas cars. For diesels, meth can be sprayed without any additional tuning and see significant gains. Im running JBD at 100% and meth, no additional tuning. On diesel that is perfectly safe as what it gives you is more fuel, lower IATs and lower EGTs.

Water/Meth can also be sprayed onto the intercooler to gain efficiency from the intercooler. I cant imagine using anything other than just water for this from a flammability standpoint but people do it .

In gas cars meth is different as it allows you to tune the car like it is running race gas as the effect of adding water/meth to gas cars is the same as running higher octane fuel. Not C16 high, more like 104 octane. This is also how it tends to get a bad reputation since when this is done, any unequal distribution of the methanol to different cylinders can cause detonation and motor kaboom. Same for if you run out of methanol, clog the meth nozzle, etc. Its much safer for the way I am running it in the diesel with JBD since if something happens and the meth runs out I am just running a JBD at 100%.
Very useful post! Many thanks! May give this go!
Appreciate 0