View Single Post
      09-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
blackturbo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thank you for posting this video.

That street the person in the video was talking about I am very familiar with, I'm a Vancouver local. Its ridiculous how low the speed limit is set. One day I got a ticket for going 61kms. Of course since that day, I'm always aware of that stretch. Each day that I drive through that stretch I might get high beamed at, honked, or at rare times an impatient driver gets fed up behind me and pulls a ricer fly by, mind you I keep at the center or right since i'm going to be driving like a sea turtle. Trust me it happens at times. It feels like you should be going atleast 70km or 80km.

The person in the video has done his research and I have to give him props. Its a logical argument...
Not too far off that stretch is another stretch where it has a 80km limit that turns into 50km. At that time when the city finished working the pavement a few years back, they did not post a 50km sign, I assumed it was 80km, and everyone else did for atleast 3 weeks, I mean EVERYONE was going 80km. I got clocked that day for 84km, the officer said I was excessively speeding. Give me a break... I had my cousins baby in the rear seat, you think I would excessively speed?!?! About a little more then a week later, the city posted a 50km sign. Load of crock...

I have to agree with the person in the video, the government has to look at the situation. But then again, who knows, all those tickets are generating a revenue for them.
Appreciate 0