View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
ilgidi
Rep
Drives: E91 320D Touring Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
To be honest, from what I can see from the videos, the gearstick vibrations look to be within tolerances in the first vid, however it is more worse in the second vid and it doesn't look normal. Our cars have a vibration damper on the stick, take this off and you'll see how bad it actually vibrates without it. Before you take the gearbox out, i'd check the linkages between the gearstick, going into the gearbox for signs of excessive play.

Should you take the gearbox off, check the selector fork, release bearing and ancillaries. If all looks ship shape, then only would I look at changing the flywheel. Its worth changing just the clutch kit though if you remove the gearbox, just for piece of mind.
Cheers for the info. I could only manage to see the mountings of the gearbox from under the car yesterday as I only have a hydraulic jack. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a look when it's on the 4 point lift. Didn't think about the selector fork and the rest tbh. Is it really worth changing the clutch if the DMF looks intact? I mean if the clutch looks fine too that is.
Appreciate 0