View Single Post
      06-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

This is an old video

I'm not sure how they messed up the braking test but the 335is would be no worse than a 335i since it has the same brakes.

I've had my 335is for three months and its a blast once you get over the newness. Of course there are faults but nothing is perfect.

The exhaust is what gets the car noticed mostly (wife hates the exhaust noise) especially if you don't drive in "D" mode if you have DCT. Driving in "D" and at times "S" you don't get the grunt of the exhaust by holding the gear longer and can be addictive. I notice other BMW drivers mostly trying to sneak up to see the badge. Other drivers just seem to what to compete with anything on the road.

The 335is can suffer from some wheel slippage so I'm worried about how long the stock tires will last since they typically are soft. I agree on the MPG, I'm getting between 15.6 and 16.9 which is the same as my old E46. Keep in mind my average MPH is about 23. So mostly city and lead foot. My wife's VW driven like a granny gets the same MPG with city driving. So nearly 80-90% more HP and TQ and driven with a lead food with the same MPG is pretty amazing.
Appreciate 0