enforcerman
The Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 328i MSport

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Just received my parts from Tischer.

Just FYI, the insert in the bottom and the rubber mat are two separate pieces and are NOT included in the Console part.

So these pictures are of 3 parts. Total for all 3 was $81.73 including shipping.

51167150157 - Beige Console Part
51167156474 - Beige Partition Insert (Rubber Mat)
51167154483 - Beige Partition

As everyone noted, the Console part comes w/ the plugs installed.

I took a picture of the radio shack part so people would have an idea what they needed to buy.

First thing you need to do is cut off the black connector that came with your NEW part.

Next, removing the console was not as easy as the OP's picture made it out to be. I ended up placing a flat head screwdriver between the console part and the main center console. I then twisted the screwdriver. It took VERY little pressure to break the top free. After this, the bottom was caught. I pushed the bottom part towards the center of the part with my hands. That popped the part free of the holders. After this, I removed the air conditioner plug (VERY firm pull required there) and took the old console out.

Next, I pulled the brown and red wires that are attached to the left side of the middle console to give myself some room to work with. Im not sure how others did their wiring, but I piggytailed the wires from one lighter to the other lighter and then took that single wire and piggytailed it to the car.

Finally, I turned the car on (the plug is powered only when the car is ON) and checked to make sure my angry robot worked. Indeed it did. I then installed the new console. After it was all back in place, I checked to make sure the plugs still worked and they did.

From start to finish it was 28 minutes.
Attached Images

Last edited by enforcerman; 10-03-2008 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 1