Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrink24 View Post
From what I gather, there are two issues here:

1. A majority of the ST vehicles were not operating in a state that was considered acceptable, with the transmissions being the biggest problem.

2. The expectations from people looking for results were not aligned with the expectations for the ST participants. Seems that the participants were there to shake down their setup vs. race.

Personally, if I didn't feel my car was running within the realm of "normal" I wouldn't be excited to race it.
To clarify, it was only the automatics. To clarify further, mine was actually pretty solid the whole time until my very last run. My only issue was I felt I was losing a bit during shifts, and I wanted to try out one of the changes Shiv came up with on the spot. Unfortunately that's when I had my issue in 5th gear, although that could have been a fluke, temp related or related to the change. It's not that I wasn't "excited", I didn't want to risk it. I had a very fun weekend up to that point, and decided it was time to call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
After all the relentless pre-run hype the lack of info & vids speaks volumes.
Right, because the 8 or 10 single kits which have actually been installed and proven to put down numbers doesn't speak any volumes. The 10 second quarter mile and sub 6.5 second 60-130 doesn't speak any volumes. The countless videos of people taking in rides in single turbo cars, with a huge smile and saying "oh shit", doesn't speak any volumes.

You say "lack of info", and yet we've been completely and 100% up front about the event. Like SIKH said, we're trying to push this platform and a lot of you are being very critical. No, we didn't have 100% success at the airstrip, as said numerous times, but how many of you have actually gone 150-160 mph in your car? And on the street, it has been nothing short of amazing. I'd also like to remind everyone that the singles are NOT the only ones having the 6AT issue.