02-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #12
kevkaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpinweiss 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-HiHoAG View Post
In December, I amended my order to include the SR pipes (sections 1 & 2). However, at this point I am not sure whether these components are made by Eisenmann. If they are not, where are they made and who makes them?

I would still be interested in the SR pipes if they are quality products made by a reputable company that will stand behind them. If they are made by Eisenhaus, I would not be interested.

If the SR pipes are not Eisenmann products, then I think the price should still be negotiable, but I will need to discuss this with Anthony (Palella@Industry) -- I hope he reads this post.
I met up with Anthony last night to pick up my car from his shop. I decided to go with the "fake" SR pipes anyways, though I have a Bastuck exhaust and not the fake Eisenmann. The quality of the SR pipes is at least reasonable, there isn't really much to them, and everyone else has been happy with them (the SR pipes only), so I had them put on anyways. I kept my old ones and they can be put back on in a snap. I can't really see how this would screw up my car, other than they would wear prematurely and leak/fall apart if they were in fact not made of quality steel. But they are stainless, so I'd imagine they're good for at least a few years.

You would need to talk to Anthony about pricing for you, but yes, with them being of questionable origin, its reasonable to assume price is negotiable.

When I dropped my car off at his shop Thursday night, I wasn't quite up to speed on what was going on. Ilia mentioned it in his last PM to me, but I didn't get a chance to read all of the posts. Nevertheless, Anthony called me on Friday before proceeding with the work to make sure I was aware of the situation. He definitely reads these boards and wants to get everything fixed, but its a mess and is going to take some time to sort this all out. I totally understand everyone's frustration and I'd be a bit pissed too, but I'm pretty sure he's doing all he can to make this right.

Anyways, the pipes sound good. I didn't get to do a lot of fun driving last night because the weather is pretty lousy out here, not to mention insane potholes. I did get in a couple of brief pulls and it sounds pretty neat, still not too loud in the car, especially at cruise (this is a good thing for me). My wife was following behind and definitely noticed it though, at least until I pulled far away...

2009 E92 M3 - 7/3/09 ED, 8/17/09 redelivery
1997 E36 M3 - Track Rat
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Appreciate 0