View Single Post
      06-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #13
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
It will. We're somewhat tied to the construction trade so it's a case of battening down the hatches and watching every penny.
i was one of 4 who set up a recrutiment agency supplying the construction and design industry 6 years ago, for 2 years we were unstoppable and then almost over night the whole place just fell down around us.
from 4 we had grew to 16, and one by one they all went inside 6months.
I went from invoicing £50k a month, to 3/4k month at the flick of a switch.

Selfishly, I didnt see how I could sustain my levels of income, and so I took the decision to walk away - that was July 2009. It wasnt a purely financial decision, my whole life changed as my partner left me at the same time.
But the remaining 3 took the long term view, I think that they had little choice due to investments etc, and reduced costs and just kept going. I met up with them a couple of weeks back and they defo look much older than they did 3 odd years ago, but they are back on the up again, but it was their belief in what they were doing that has seen them through, maintaining quality and are now employing once more.

like sheps says, if you can get through times like this and still be trading, then surely then you will become more astute in the future.
Appreciate 0